Immigration Lawyer for Canada and the USAServing Canadian companies

Family Sponsorship

The family sponsorship program is another vehicle to permanent residency in Canada.

Family Sponsorship Program

If you are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada, you may be eligible to sponsor your spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner, or dependent children to come to Canada as permanent resident. The sponsor and the applicant for permanent residency must meet many requirements in order to be eligible.

If you are already in Canada, you may be able to present your application for permanent residency within Canada without having to leave the country. If you reside outside Canada, you will need to present your application for permanent residency at a foreign Canadian embassy, the one having jurisdiction over your place of residence. The current processing times vary depending on your place of residence.

Canada favors the family reunification and the Family Sponsorship Program enables you and your family to live together in Canada on a permanent basis.