Immigration Lawyer for Canada and the USAServing Canadian companies

Self-employed Workers

The self-employed workers program also enables foreigners to become permanent Canadian resident. In order to be selected by the Quebec government, you need to :

  • Come to Quebec to create your own job by practicing a profession or craft;
  • Have net assets of at least CAD $100,000 that have been legally obtained;
  • Have at least 2 years of experience as a self-employed worker in the profession of craft you plan to occupy in Quebec.

Assessment of your file will also take into account factors such as:

  • Your age and your spouse or common-law partner’s age;
  • The nature and the length of your professional training;
  • Your language skills;
  • Your personal qualities and knowledge of Quebec.