Immigration Lawyer for Canada and the USA Serving Canadian companies

H-1B Professional Worker Visa

The H-1B visa for international professional enables foreign worker to occupy a position in their field of specialty. To qualify for an H-1B visa, the foreign worker must:

  • Be a citizen of a country admissible for that type of work permit. Many countries are admissible including Canada;
  • Have a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in its field of work. Years of experience may compensate a lack of years of education;
  • The U.S. position needs to require a bachelor’s degree;
  • The applicant has to apply for a job equivalency assessment conducted by an accredited school before requesting the Visa;
  • The wage offered must reflect the labour market.

The H-1B visas are valid for an initial period of 3 years and can be renewed for up to 6 years. The H-1B holders are eligible to apply for the U.S. Green Card. Note that there is a maximum of 65,000 H-1B Visas issued each year.

Consult by clicking on the link hereafter our other types of USA work visas!